ABOUT SURJ DC
SURJ DC is committed to the SURJ national values listed below. To read more about SURJ’s theory of change, strategies, and values, see the SURJ national website.
- Calling people in, not out
- Accountability through collective action
- Take risks, make mistakes, learn, and keep going
- Organize out of mutual interest
- There is enough for all
- Growing is good
- Center class
- GENERAL MAILBOX: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our infrastructure is organized around three core work areas: Outreach and Intake to help engage and absorb new members, Partnerships to mobilize and act in support of our partner organizations; and Education & Resources to provide liberatory education to white people who want to get involved in racial justice work. This core work is supported by three internal teams: Coordinating Committee, Operations (which includes several teams and working groups), and Leadership.
See the Teams page for descriptions and contact information for our teams.